“The Moto Q is a real must-have device that enables true seamless mobility by liberating all of us from the restraints of our offices and living rooms,” said Ed Zander, chief executive officer of Motorola, Inc. “On Verizon Wireless’ broadband EV-DO network, the Moto Q brings together all of the converged solutions you need to work, stay in touch or have fun. With the best voice, data and design technology in one ultra-thin, intelligent, hard-working device, the Moto Q allows you to be productive and entertained wherever you go.”
The Moto Q will redefine what customers expect from a QWERTY handheld. With Windows Mobile® software, the Moto Q puts a “mini notebook” in Verizon Wireless customers’ pockets by providing enough power to let them leave their laptop at home to check email*, review presentations, documents, and stay connected for a week or a weekend. Couple that with its “cool enough for Friday night” design, multiple entertainment options and simple, intuitive features, and the Moto Q will help Verizon Wireless customers stay productive, creative and in-touch while on the go and however they choose.
Denny Strigl, president and chief executive officer of Verizon Wireless, said, “Enterprise technology, consumer electronics and mobile are converging to create major productivity advantages for the work world. But those advantages have only been available to a select few – until now. The Moto Q offers power, style and ease-of-use in a cool ultra-thin format, giving Verizon Wireless customers an uncompromising experience in one device.”
The Moto Q also makes good business sense for companies – big and small – providing a converged mobility solution to help organizations improve their business, increase productivity and efficiency and enhance customer satisfaction. Features of the Moto Q from Verizon Wireless include:
- Integrated Bluetooth® 1.2 wireless technology** for communicating with compatible headsets, car kits and certain other devices equipped with Bluetooth technology.
- EV-DO access for fast downloads of data, email and large attachments
- Wireless Sync for anytime connectivity with e-mail, calendar and contacts synchronization
- Thinnest QWERTY device in the world – 11.5mm includes a familiar thumbwheel to enhance the navigation experience
- Seamless access to corporate applications, messaging, organizational tools and IT support, from across the campus and around the world
- Synchronization with e-mail, calendar, contacts, and tasks entries, regardless of platform or ISP
- Integrated with Windows Mobile® 5.0 software for the convenience of users and IT with access to Yahoo!, Hotmail and other POP3
- All standard desktop document views supported including: Microsoft Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Adobe Acrobat®, etc.
- Supports audio and video formats
- Dual, stereo-quality speakers
- Easy integration with existing IT systems for enhanced IT support
- Enabled for leading corporate e-mail solutions
- Flexibility enables loading of standard corporate VPN
- Password authentication helps ensure network integrity
“The Moto Q is amazing,” said Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft Corp. “It blends stylish design and fast network speeds with Microsoft’s powerful Windows Mobile software, empowering people to be mobile without concessions.”
The Moto Q – coupled with the nation’s most reliable wireless network from Verizon Wireless – delivers what Verizon Wireless customers want most: an exceptional device for making voice calls. Plus, the Moto Q provides the advanced phone capabilities expected in an industry-leading phone, such as voice-activated dialing, smart contacts dialing, speakerphone, Bluetooth** capabilities for certain profiles and more.
Entertainment in Your Pocket
The Moto Q offers a portfolio of entertainment capabilities ranging from stereo music and video playback to Web browsing and instant messaging. This unique device allows customers to be entertained when they want. With an amazing color screen, wireless broadband capabilities and a full media experience with Windows Media Player Mobile, the Moto Q’s entertainment possibilities are unlimited.
Optimized for a variety of corporate and personal email technologies, the Moto Q’s form factor and QWERTY keyboard let Verizon Wireless customers easily create and manage corporate and personal email. The addition of Wireless Sync from Verizon Wireless helps make life on-the-go easier and more productive. With always-on email, customers can stay connected and get the job done while away from the office – without a delay and in a secure environment. With Windows Mobile software, the Moto Q also offers corporate mobile messaging support out of the box with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. For additional wireless access to Exchange and other servers, Good Technologies™ is offering an optimized version of its Good Link email solution for the Moto Q. The Moto Q also offers easy access to personal email based on POP3, web mail and Hotmail™.
The Moto Q is available exclusively through Verizon Wireless. Customers may purchase the Moto Q for $199.99 after a $100 instant credit when purchased with a qualified Verizon Wireless voice and data plan and two-year customer agreement. Customers can choose from three calling plans that include voice calling and unlimited data access with Verizon Wireless’ BroadbandAccess service:
- $169.99 a month – includes 4,000 anytime minutes with unlimited data usage*, unlimited IN calling and unlimited nights and weekends ($0.25 per minute after allowance).
- $109.99 monthly access – includes 1,350 anytime minutes with unlimited data usage*, unlimited IN calling and unlimited nights and weekends ($0.35 per minute after allowance).
- $79.99 monthly access – includes 450 anytime minutes with unlimited data usage*, unlimited IN calling and unlimited nights and weekends ($0.45 per minute after allowance).
For more information, visit www.pocketpccentral.net/smartphone/moto_q/info.htm